Eleanor Slater Hospital. Zambarano Unit (1994-)
- Existence: 1994-
In 1901, the General Assembly established a joint special committee on the subject of a state sanitarium for treatment of consumptives. In 1902, the General Assembly passed a resolution establishing a Commission on State Sanitarium for Consumptives. The Sanitarium was completed in 1905 and the first patient was admitted in November 1905.
The hospital became the Zambarano Unit of Eleanor Slater Hospital in 1994. It is now used primarily to care for long-term patients requiring intensive care.