Select Commission to Study the Future of Solid Waste Management in Rhode Island records
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
1. The state's proper role in solid waste management.
2. The mix of private and public finance, iperation, and ownership of solid waste facilities which is most appropriate.
3. The steps necessary to maximize source reduction, reuse and recycling of solid waste.
4. The appropriate methods to ensure that affordable, safe, and environmentally protective solid waste disposal is available for the remaining waste.
5. The appropriate funding mechanism for these facilities and activities.
6. Policies which enable a system of solid waste management to remain viable and consistent.
(Report to the Governor, February 3, 1993)
6 Cubic Feet (Records of the Select Commission on the Future of Solid Waste Management in Rhode Island.) : Accession includes various reports and documents by multiple state agencies and companies primarily related to solid waste management and waterways in Rhode Island. Also includes correspondence and clippings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script