Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 1168
Includes warrants (1914), court records relating toR.I. v. George Steinhart (1922), and R.I. v. James Hanley Brewing Co. (1925).
A Community Needs Assessment: A Documentation of the Progress and Problems of Poor and Minority People in the State of Rhode Island: Executive Summary
This is a voter's digest of the election laws of the State of Rhode Island, complied to assist every citizen in understanding the political procedure by which he may take part in the orderly selection of Federal, State and Local Governments.
A presentation of documentary articles and photographs describing the Rhode Island Red, the breed of fowl which helped to begin the poultry industry in America.
A group of fifteen University of Rhode Island graduate students' project in urban development and city planning designed to address the problems of crowding, sanitation, and urban spraw over once verdant farms. Students made plans for a brand new city that specifically counteracted the issues associated with a city.
A Study of the Characteristics and Labor Force Experience of Employment Security Claimants Exhausting Benefits in 1964
A Study of the Constitution of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
By: Elmer J. Thompson, Head of Social Science Department, Mount Pleasant High School, Providence, Rhode Island
The Rhode Island Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission Archive consists of a wide variety of materials relating primarily to the activities in Rhode Island related to the Bicentennial of the birth of Abraham Lincoln.
Four pages relating the story of Abraham Lincoln visiting and giving speeches in New England and specifically Rhode Island. The pamphlet was issued as a souvenir of Lincoln’s birthday.
The record consists of one copy of the publication, “Access Limited: An Audit of Compliance with the Rhode Island Public Records Laws” completed by ACCESS/Rhode Island.
Single volume contains a transcription of the acts passed by the General Assembly during the colonial period. Subjects vary.
A speech delivered to the Rhode Island General Assembly about the life and career of Abraham Lincoln, focusing on his role in ending slavery.
Addresses and Poems at the 132d Anniversary of The Independence of of RI and the 25th Anniversary of the Rhode Island Citizens' Historical Association
Consists of the publication, "Addresses and Poems at the One Hundred and Thirty-second Anniversary of The Independence of of Rhode Island and the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Rhode Island Citizens' Historical Association at Providence, Rhode Island, 1909" edited by Thomas W. Bicknell, for The Association.
Function: To settle the account of John Singer Dexter with the U.S. for payments to soldiers of the RI line. Includes: Date of payment, name of payee, amount of each certificate, total amount due each soldier, soldier's signature and occasionally a sicp1ature to witness soldier's signature. Signatures were somet1mes made by heirs, attorneys, etc. This material has been microfilmed.
Series consists of the name, address, color, military liability, and serial number (of unknown origin) of males ages 21-30.
Record of cases brought before courts of Admiralty & Vice Admiralty as established throughout the British colonies to adjudicate disputes involving maritime activities between merchants & seaman
- publications (documents) 261
- official reports 207
- state government records 134
- annual reports 110
- minutes (administrative records) 32
- photographs 31
- financial records 30
- correspondence 28
- maps (documents) 21
- legislation (legal concepts) 16
- clippings (information artifacts) 11
- scrapbooks 11
- Providence (R.I.) 10
- Voting. 10
- Court records 9
- legal documents 9
- Municipal government -- Records and correspondence 8
- building plans 8
- transcripts 8
- Elections. 7 ∧ less
- Rhode Island. General Assembly (1643-) 209
- Rhode Island. Department of State (1730-) 65
- Rhode Island. Treasury Department (1663-) 50
- Rhode Island. Governor (1647-) 35
- Rhode Island. Adjutant General's Office (1780-) 23
- Rhode Island. Department of Labor (1935-1996) 16
- Rhode Island. Courts (1647-) 15
- Rhode Island (Colony) General assembly. (1663-1776) 14
- Rhode Island. Department of Transportation (1970-) 14
- Rhode Island. Office of State Auditor 12
- Rhode Island. Department of Mental Health, Retardation, and Hospitals (1970-2010) 11
- Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council 10
- Rhode Island. Department of Employment Security (1949-1992) 10
- Rhode Island Depositors' Economic Protection Corporation (1936-2001) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Administration (1951-) 9
- Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (1967-present) 8
- Rhode Island. State Board of Elections (1941-) 8
- Rhode Island. Board of Charities and Corrections (1789-1917) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Public Works (1935-1970) 7
- Rhode Island. State Board of Public Roads (1902-1935) 7 ∧ less