Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 1174
This series consists of the annual reports of the Department of Public Welfare for 1936 and 1939.
Proposals for road and bridge construction projects. These proposals called for the expenditure of federal funds for at least part of thecost of the project. Many of the projects were to be funded under programs of the Works Progress Administration. Proposals include location of work, type of work to be done, estimated costs of th project and usually the amount of that cost wanted from the federal government. Included are documents related to the construction of the Jamestown Bridge.
Nine scrapbooks created by the division that document activities relating to the preparation of the ballot, election calendar, voter education and the central voter registry.
Expenses of the Secretary of State relative to duties of the office.
The Department of State Library Services records consist primarily of correspondence, budget documents and reports.
These records consist of photographic documentation of bridge construction projects.
Records of the Bridge Section of the Department of Transportation and predecessor agencies.
These records include bond issuance binders, as well as bond refunding, defeasance and cancellations, and bond rebate certificates.
This series consists of the corporate records of the Depositors' Economic Protection Corporation.
Town returns of "freeman" admitted & men chosen to act as Deputies in the General Assembly
Detention Castles of Stone and Steel: Landscape, Labor, and the Urban Penitentiary by James C. Garman
Centered primarily on a historical archaeological and architectural investigation of Rhode Island's first state prison, built in Providence in 1838, this study by James C. Garman (Assistant Professor of Archaeology, Salve Regina University) is concerned with the negotiation and contestation of power and work in the landscape and built environment of the 19th century social reform institution.
The Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation Division of Tourism photographs consist primarily of 8x10 black and white (silver gelatin) photographs and 8x10 corresponding negatives (safety film) from ca. 1950-1980.
Map of Providence, Rhode Island. Part of Beers published survey for State & Townships.
- publications (documents) 251
- official reports 205
- state government records 134
- annual reports 109
- minutes (administrative records) 32
- photographs 31
- financial records 30
- correspondence 28
- maps (documents) 23
- legislation (legal concepts) 17
- Providence (R.I.) 11
- clippings (information artifacts) 11
- scrapbooks 11
- Voting. 10
- Court records 9
- legal documents 9
- Municipal government -- Records and correspondence 8
- Rhode Island--History. 8
- audits 8
- building plans 8 ∧ less
- Rhode Island. General Assembly (1643-) 209
- Rhode Island. Department of State (1730-) 64
- Rhode Island. Treasury Department (1663-) 50
- Rhode Island. Governor (1647-) 34
- Rhode Island. Adjutant General's Office (1780-) 23
- Rhode Island. Courts (1647-) 15
- Rhode Island (Colony) General assembly. (1663-1776) 14
- Rhode Island. Department of Labor (1935-1996) 14
- Rhode Island. Department of Transportation (1970-) 14
- Rhode Island. Office of State Auditor 12
- Rhode Island. Department of Mental Health, Retardation, and Hospitals (1970-2010) 11
- Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council 10
- Rhode Island Depositors' Economic Protection Corporation (1936-2001) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Administration (1951-) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Employment Security (1949-1992) 9
- Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (1967-present) 8
- Rhode Island. State Board of Elections (1941-) 8
- Rhode Island. Board of Charities and Corrections (1789-1917) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Health (1935-) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Public Works (1935-1970) 7 ∧ less