Showing Collections: 1141 - 1170 of 1178
Records consist of four postcards depicting the Union Depot in Providence, R.I. (Berger Brothers, Publishers); State Capitol, Providence, R.I. (Morris Berman, Publisher); City Hall and Soldiers’ Monument, Providence, R.I. (Morris Berman, Publisher); and a postcard reading “I arrived safely in Pawtucket Rhode Island Some town” (Unknown publisher).
Legislation vetoed by the governor.
Birth and marriage records 100 years or older and death records 50 years or older are considered public records and may be obtained from the city or town hall where the event happened or through the Rhode Island State Archives. Vital Records are birth, death, marriage, and civil union documents. They are legal documents that contain information about the vital events of people in our society.
1 8x10 B/W photograph of members of the shipbuilding division of the Walsh Kaiser Company Inc.
One piece of whale-shaped wampum (shell) based on an ancient tribal (Narragansett) design.
A collection of documents brought together from a number of agencies. Papers include receipts, bills, pay vouchers for expenses incurred during the War of 1812. Orders from the Governor and other state officials, reports of town meetings, abstracts of ammunition available, and commission reports are also included. This material has been microfilmed.
One volume contains pictures and articles about Warwick men killed, wounded, or missing in action. The other volume contains articles about the war effort in RI. Many articles are concerned with scrap drives, rationing, parades, public meetings, etc.
This series covers the years leading up to the transfer of the Washington Bridge from the Washington Bridge Society, a private concern, to the city of Providence in 1860. Included are account reports to the General Assembly. of receipts and expenditures.
This series covers the history of the Washington Bridge between 1792 and 1838. During this time the bridge was establsihed and owned by a succession of private interests.
Publication by the Preservation Society of Newport County.
This seris includes reports and publications of the Water Resources Policy Commission (1951-1952), the Water Resources Board (1964-), and the Office/Division of Water Resources within the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management.
The Webster M. Pidgeon Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) papers include photographs, clippings and convention memorabilia related to the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC).
Consists of voter registration books which record the names of persons registered to vote in the Town of West Greenwich.
Being an Account of a Quest for Liberty, with Portraits of Many Saints and Sinners, and a Special Study of the 'd Joseph Snow, jun'r
The Pilgrim Press, Boston
The record consists of one (1) copy of the publication “While You’re Waiting…Things to do Before the Baby Comes” by the Davol Rubber Company. This publication was created by the Davol Rubber Company of Providence, Rhode Island in 1957 for expectant mothers.
The Documentary History of the Destruction of the Gaspee Introduced and Supplemented by Richard M. Deasy
Published Jointly by The Rhode Island Publications Society
the Rhode Island Bicentennial Foundation and
The Rhode Island Supreme Court Historical Society
- publications (documents) 251
- official reports 207
- state government records 135
- annual reports 106
- minutes (administrative records) 33
- photographs 31
- financial records 30
- correspondence 29
- maps (documents) 23
- legislation (legal concepts) 18
- clippings (information artifacts) 12
- scrapbooks 12
- Providence (R.I.) 11
- Voting. 10
- Court records 9
- legal documents 9
- Municipal government -- Records and correspondence 8
- Rhode Island--History. 8
- audits 8
- building plans 8 + ∧ less
- Rhode Island. General Assembly (1643-) 208
- Rhode Island. Department of State (1730-) 64
- Rhode Island. Treasury Department (1663-) 51
- Rhode Island. Governor (1647-) 34
- Rhode Island. Adjutant General's Office (1780-) 23
- Rhode Island. Courts (1647-) 15
- Rhode Island. Department of Labor (1935-1996) 14
- Rhode Island. Department of Transportation (1970-) 14
- Rhode Island (Colony) General assembly. (1663-1776) 13
- Rhode Island. Office of State Auditor 12
- Rhode Island. Department of Mental Health, Retardation, and Hospitals (1970-2010) 11
- Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council 10
- Rhode Island Depositors' Economic Protection Corporation (1936-2001) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Administration (1951-) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Employment Security (1949-1992) 9
- Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (1967-present) 8
- Rhode Island. State Board of Elections (1941-) 8
- Rhode Island. Board of Charities and Corrections (1789-1917) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Health (1935-) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Public Works (1935-1970) 7 + ∧ less