Showing Collections: 1141 - 1170 of 1171
One piece of whale-shaped wampum (shell) based on an ancient tribal (Narragansett) design.
A collection of documents brought together from a number of agencies. Papers include receipts, bills, pay vouchers for expenses incurred during the War of 1812. Orders from the Governor and other state officials, reports of town meetings, abstracts of ammunition available, and commission reports are also included. This material has been microfilmed.
One volume contains pictures and articles about Warwick men killed, wounded, or missing in action. The other volume contains articles about the war effort in RI. Many articles are concerned with scrap drives, rationing, parades, public meetings, etc.
This series covers the years leading up to the transfer of the Washington Bridge from the Washington Bridge Society, a private concern, to the city of Providence in 1860. Included are account reports to the General Assembly. of receipts and expenditures.
This series covers the history of the Washington Bridge between 1792 and 1838. During this time the bridge was establsihed and owned by a succession of private interests.
Publication by the Preservation Society of Newport County.
This seris includes reports and publications of the Water Resources Policy Commission (1951-1952), the Water Resources Board (1964-), and the Office/Division of Water Resources within the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management.
The Webster M. Pidgeon Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) papers include photographs, clippings and convention memorabilia related to the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC).
Consists of voter registration books which record the names of persons registered to vote in the Town of West Greenwich.
Being an Account of a Quest for Liberty, with Portraits of Many Saints and Sinners, and a Special Study of the 'd Joseph Snow, jun'r
The Pilgrim Press, Boston
The record consists of one (1) copy of the publication “While You’re Waiting…Things to do Before the Baby Comes” by the Davol Rubber Company. This publication was created by the Davol Rubber Company of Providence, Rhode Island in 1957 for expectant mothers.
The Documentary History of the Destruction of the Gaspee Introduced and Supplemented by Richard M. Deasy
Published Jointly by The Rhode Island Publications Society
the Rhode Island Bicentennial Foundation and
The Rhode Island Supreme Court Historical Society
Witches, Wife Beaters, and Whores: Common Law and Common Folk in Early America by Elaine Forman Crane
The Woonsocket annual reports contain listings of the expenditures for various departments of thecity. (ie. chief of police, fire department, sewer commission, superintendent of schools) as well as city manuals, and inaugural addresses.
World War I bonus payments issued by State of Rhode Island to commissioned officers, enlisted men, field clerks and army navy nurses who served honorably in the service of the United States April 6, 1917 through Nov. 11, 1918.
- publications (documents) 251
- official reports 205
- state government records 134
- annual reports 109
- minutes (administrative records) 32
- photographs 31
- financial records 30
- correspondence 28
- maps (documents) 23
- legislation (legal concepts) 17
- Providence (R.I.) 11
- clippings (information artifacts) 11
- scrapbooks 11
- Voting. 10
- Court records 9
- legal documents 9
- Municipal government -- Records and correspondence 8
- Rhode Island--History. 8
- audits 8
- building plans 8 ∧ less
- Rhode Island. General Assembly (1643-) 209
- Rhode Island. Department of State (1730-) 64
- Rhode Island. Treasury Department (1663-) 50
- Rhode Island. Governor (1647-) 34
- Rhode Island. Adjutant General's Office (1780-) 23
- Rhode Island. Courts (1647-) 15
- Rhode Island (Colony) General assembly. (1663-1776) 14
- Rhode Island. Department of Labor (1935-1996) 14
- Rhode Island. Department of Transportation (1970-) 14
- Rhode Island. Office of State Auditor 12
- Rhode Island. Department of Mental Health, Retardation, and Hospitals (1970-2010) 11
- Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council 10
- Rhode Island Depositors' Economic Protection Corporation (1936-2001) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Administration (1951-) 9
- Rhode Island. Department of Employment Security (1949-1992) 9
- Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (1967-present) 8
- Rhode Island. State Board of Elections (1941-) 8
- Rhode Island. Board of Charities and Corrections (1789-1917) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Health (1935-) 7
- Rhode Island. Department of Public Works (1935-1970) 7 ∧ less